The Chain of custody documentation for each SKU or range of SKUs is as follows:
The certification process is broken down into three stages.
Steps 1-3 – Business Registration;
- Brands will provide proof (by means of purchase orders) showing that they have bought Post Consumer Recycled (PCR) material from trusted recyclers.
- There will be a warranty attached from the company director confirming the percentage of PCR used in each packaging component.
- A mass balance calculation will then determine the total percentage of PCR in the packaging.
Step 4 – RPR Audit;
- If all documentation is satisfactory, the RPR will be audited by a third party and then issued for the company to use on its packaging and marketing collateral.
We anticipate with the full registration, verification and certification process it could cost between £2k – £5k*, depending on the verification complexity, and the number of proposed SKUs.
* Infringement and the misuse of the RPR trademark, logo or slogan without appropriate permission will be a breach of IP regulation and will incur appropriate penalties